Flavorful tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella with a balsamic reduction drizzle.
- 8 ounces of our 18 Year Traditional “MaMa” Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 ounces of fresh mozarella
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 french baguette loaf
1. Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, and heat over low to medium heat until it comes to a slow boil.
2. Allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes. The vinegar will thicken while it cooks. Once the amount that is in the pan reduces by about half, turn the heat off. Pour the vinegar into a bowl to allow to cool. As the vinegar cools it will thicken more and become a glaze.
3. Chop the fresh mozzarella.
4. Cut the tomatoes in half or thirds to desired size.
5. Roll the basil to chop into fine strips. Combine the mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil together and gently stir to mix.
6. Slice the baguette into desired slice size. You can toast the baguette if desired, or serve un-toasted. To toast preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Lay the slices down on the foil and cover with butter or olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
7.Serve with the bruschetta on top of the baguette and a balsamic glaze drizzle on top.